Monday, September 21, 2009

The National Zoo

Ok, first, I have to admit - I'm not feeling 100% myself today. Woke up with a little bit of a head cold. I'm planning on taking cold medicine and going to bed soon, so...if this post makes very little sense, you'll know why.

Today we went to the National Zoo. Since it's part of the Smithsonian Museums, it's free, which is really nice. But if you want a map, it cost $2. So, be prepared for that if you ever go there.

So, as I did yesterday, I think I'll just put up some pictures. Enjoy...





I have to say, these sea lions reminded me of how I felt today. I would rather just be lying around too.

The ball has a clam in it. As we were watching, the octopus decided it was hungry. Very interesting.


This is a mane wolf. I've never actually seen one of these, which is saying a lot. I love zoos!





Even the goats have a playground.

This is how they feed the fish in the Amazonia exhibit. Pretty ingenious.



This is what happens when the butterfly you're taking a picture of starts flying away. Kind of cool looking though.



Turns out beavers eat carrots and sweet potatoes. Who knows how they get those in the wild. (Ok, that may have been more funny in my head cold haze.)


I just couldn't pass up a chance to get a panda purse. It just makes me smile.

I realize that these posts probably take FOREVER to load. Sorry about that. But aren't the pictures kind of interesting?

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Looks like an awesome zoo...right up your alley!
Hope you feel better!!

Courtney said...

Sorry about your cold. Chloe will LOVE your new purse! I couldn't really distinguish what you're talking about in the Amazonian picture. It looks like lettuce that is tied to something that is weighing it down???

Mom said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you'll feel better soon. Looks like the zoo was really fun. I love the pictures...some interesting animals!! I LOVE the Panda Purse, too. It would make me smile as well. Keep having fun and posting these cool pictures!!
Love you!

Jess said...

Cute purse! I hope you are feeling better today.

That is a lot of animals. We would be lucky to see 2 of those at the Hogle zoo :) I think I have gone to the National zoo even. Maybe not, I can't remember. Anyway, enjoy every minute of your vacation. Glad you are getting some time away with Brent!