Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Up, Up and Away

So, today...I mean, yesterday, I was a little run down when we got back to the hotel room, so I didn't feel like blogging. Stupid cold. But, today, I'm feeling quite a bit better, so I'm catching up.

(This is almost like journaling. I'm so amazing at journaling!)

Yesterday we went to the National Air and Space Museum. As you could probably guess, this is much more up Brent's alley than mine, which worked well for us. When I started to get tired and grumpy, I would go sit down, then Brent would catch up to me in about 10-15 minutes and I'd be ready to start again. It is a really great museum. Here is the National Air and Space Museum in pictures.


When I asked Brent what the best part of the museum was, he said seeing the things that you could only see there...like the Wright Flier. It was quite interesting to see.

This is what a did a lot yesterday...waited for Brent...

...and again...

...and again...I actually really liked this area, it was like a big science experiment.


This is a moon rock that Brent's touching. Does that mean he's a astronaut now?

This sign CRACKED me up! I know it's blurry, but this is the best I could do. It says, "If this sticker is blue, you're driving too fast." Intellectual humor. It's so funny. (Need a little help? Go here.)

Isn't this an engineer's dream?

Another thing that you can only see here.


When we were taking the Metro back to the hotel, we were going up the escalator and all of a sudden it stopped, which sucks. When we got to the top, we realized that it stopped because a lady's high heel got stuck in the top. That had to be embarrassing. The funniest part was a bunch of people tried to stop and help her pull it out, but they couldn't do it. Then this guy came up and just pulled it right out. Has he seen this before? Is he some sort of escalator expert. I don't know.

Speaking of escalators, people here walk up and down the escalator. It's kind of annoying. I mean, isn't the whole point of an escalator that you don't have to walk up it? We soon learned that we had to stand on the right side...us lazy westerners...so the hyper easterners can get there just a little bit faster. Just makes you laugh.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow...the muesum looks fantastic! All the history that is holds amazing. I am sure Brent was in his element!! Sorry you weren't feeling that well, but glad that it was someplace you could sit down and rest a little. Yes, the esclator walk ups are funny (but it sure gives you a work-out!! I have done it before and it sure stretches your legs out - but I do prefer the leisurely accent up with just standing there!) The explanation on the bumper sticker didn't help me a lot (was it in a different language???) - but I got it...clever!
Love ya

Courtney said...

Brad would love that place too. They must think of elevators as the moving walkways in airports. Just another way to get you there faster. I would have been mortified if it had been my shoe that stopped the escalator! Well, mortified after I stopped freaking out about getting myself stuck (weird fear of mine).