Friday, December 04, 2009

Oooookkkkaaayyy

Earlier this week, I looked out the window one morning and our mailbox was gone. The post was still there, but the mailbox was missing. As I was treking up to the mailbox, I was thinking, "What do we do without a mailbox? How will we get mail? Do I need to call someone?" I'm a worrier and a planner, not a good combo.

So I get to where the mailbox post is and I can see the mailbox in the ivy. Great, stupid kids have hit our mailbox off the post. But, when I pick it up, it's not dented or anything. So, what happened? I have no idea.

But...the bigger problem...what do I do about it?? Brent gets home at 4:30 every day, but it's dark by then, so he can't really be working on the mailbox. (I know, dark by 4:30??? I love this time of year. It's much more fun in the summer when it's light until 11 pm.)

So, in my ingeniousness, I "fixed" our mailbox until Saturday when Brent can work on it.



Yep, those purple things are bungee cords. We now have a white trash mailbox. Woho!

Don't you love the moss growing on our mailbox? Washington is called the Evergreen State because in the winter, EVERYTHING is GREEN!

5 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

Good Job Ash! That is too funny. There isn't any text so I don't know if you wrote anything, but did you ever figure out what happened?

Jess said...

Ash, you are so my hero right now! I love the rigging up of the mailbox. That is awesome. I wouldn't know what to do either. You have to have a mailbox right? Good job! I would leave it just for fun
:)

Jen said...

You go Ashley!!
I thought your mailbox was painted a lovely green, had no idea it was moss!!

Mom said...

Pretty ingenious, Ash...way to go! Our mailbox was hit off a week ago, too! No dents on it either!! But dad was home, so it got fixed in a hurry. Why you use your head...are bungie cords great! Love ya

Julie said...

Nice! You're in the wrong state to be having a white trash mailbox though!