Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Week of New Arrivals

When I look back, I can hardly believe that it's only been a week. Let me explain...

Last Saturday, Brent got home from Portsmouth, NH where he was for work for a week. It's always nice to have him home so that was a fun arrival.

When I went to Fred Meyer, the primroses were finally in. I love being able to plant primroses in January. Just when I'm needing a bit of spring.

Speaking of spring, my bulbs have started their arrival. They are a little early this year, but it has been quite warm even for us. I'm so looking forward to their explosion of color.

I got my first shipment of new seeds! I'm trying to grow broccoli from seed this year, along with my tomatoes. I'm really looking forward to it. Along with my ordered seeds, there was a packet of carrot seeds that said, "Plant these free seeds and give the carrots to your local food bank." What a great idea! I definitely am going to do that!


Our newest nephew, Jackson Ryan D* arrived this week as well. When Jessica called, I thought she sounded so rested that she was just calling for some other reason, but sure enough, Jackson had made his appearance. Everyone in the D* household is happy to have him around and we're really excited to meet him in person!

And....after 12 years of searching, we have finally found her...
.

Daisy! Our new cat also arrived this week. I've been having a lot of fun remembering what it's like to have a cat and she is really cute. So now I have to remember to ask, "Do you like cats?" whenever someone comes over.

All in all, a great week of new arrivals! Hope yours was too!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like a fun week with all the arrivals!! Congrats on all of them! Can't wait to meet Daisy...glad you finally got your cat!
Love you!

Courtney said...

Daisy is so cute. So is Jackson. Brent is too, I guess. ;) haha sorry, I couldn't help it! Seriously though, lots of happy events in one week!

Jess said...

Thanks Ash!

That's fun that you found the perfect cat again. Daisy seems so fitting too :)

I can't believe you can plant already. I am so ready for the Spring.

Love you!

Jenny Moore said...

Glad you finally wore Brent down and got a cat!!! She looks sweet!

Julie said...

I'm glad you had so many fun new arrivals Ashley!