Tuesday, February 16, 2010

USA! USA! USA!

Imagine...20,000 of your closest friends in one building, watching a hockey game. Now imagine that a good 75% of those people are chanting "USA USA USA". You now have an idea of our day today!

As you probably guessed, we went to a hockey game. It was the USA vs Switzerland. I took about a million pictures of the game (I've chosen the best), so you can see what we saw...

Here we are outside of Canada Hockey Place. This is where the NHL team - the Canucks - play. We need to come to a game sometime.

We were told to be there at least 2 hours early so we could get through security. So we were and security took 10 minutes. Not that we're complaining. I always would rather be early than late.
As we were waiting for the game to start, I saw this kid with his huge stuffed mascot - Mukmuk I think - and I thought it was funny.
Here they are warming up. The US is in the blue. The next few are the game.
This is the jumbo-tron as they introduced the Swiss team.

And the US!


Here is the US team celebrating after the first goal. It was very exciting.
And this is what the audience looked like after the goal. It's kind of hard to see, but it's just a sea of American Flags. It was kind of moving.
And the US wins 3 to 1! Woho!

And, surprisingly, not a scrunch picture!

Oh, today we heard a guy say, "I guess we'll have to buy a touk somewhere else, eh?" (A touk is a hat in Canadian.) We giggled. We really haven't heard a lot of different languages, which is kind of weird. We're thinking that maybe everyone is up in Whistler right now.

It was really fun to be at the event today! We have Women's Curling tomorrow morning at 9 am, which means we have to leave early, so I'm going to bed.

And...this is my favorite Winter Olympics ever...it was 50 degrees and sunny today. Steven Colbert of the Colbert report suggested that the IOC add a question to their application for the Winter Olympics..."Does it snow there? Circle Yes or No"

6 comments:

Roy said...

Okay, I am SOOO jealous. The first date Angel and I went on was a hockey game, and even though we haven't been to one since, it still brings back great memories. Wish we could have been there with you!

Jenny Moore said...

Go USA! GO USA!
How fun...cheer for us!
Keep 'em coming!!!

Mom said...

Go USA....how much fun was that??? I am so glad you lucked out seeing the US in the Hockey match - what a great experience. Hope Curling is just as fun today (although probably not as exciting!) Glad you had the opportunity to go and that it has been nice weather. Now, I guess they are complaining of TOO MUCH snow at Whistler! Enjoy!!

Courtney said...

I'm glad you're having such a good time. I love the "not-a-scrunch" picture! Go USA!

Jess said...

I love to experience the Olympics through you guys! Looks like an awesome time. I bet it was fun to be able to cheer for the USA too. Glad they won.

Thanks for the update. It's so fun.

Julie said...

Yeah for pictures! I love your blogs because I feel like I am there with you! Thanks for sharing- go USA!