Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Brent's Birthday - Part 2

Man, I'm just blog happy today. I guess I have to get caught up or something... or I'm bored waiting for the tv repair guy to get here. I don't know which.

Anyway, the second part of Brent's birthday was on Sunday. Court was nice enough to let us invade her house with a few friends so we could celebrate.

Oh, and a side note. Brent's friend John has given up sweets for lent for the past couple of years. Brent teased him, and bugged him by bringing in yummy treats, so much that John finally said, "I don't see you doing it." So, now because of Brent's big old mouth, he has given up sweet for lent as well. There are intricate details as to what they can or can't eat, but basically, they can't eat anything dessert-ish. However, one of the rules is that they could take their birthday's off. So Brent did get to eat the yummy pie for his birthday, but he got pistachios and fresh bread (still very good) for the second half of his birthday while the rest of us got yummy chocolate cake.


Can you believe it? Brent's actually smiling cute in a picture? I guess I should not always be the one taking the pictures.


I feel I need to explain the 7 on the card. Brent told John and Laura's kids that he was turning 7 years old on his birthday, so they made him a 7-year-old card.
Kyle allowed Brent's birthday present to be wrapped in this great bag as long as he didn't take the bag with him, so we had to document it.Happy Birthday dear Brent...

Happy Birthday to you!

3 comments:

Mom said...

That was nice of Court and family to have you guys over for a "break" and to celebrate Brent's b-day. That is a cute picture...he does usually look like he is in pain (ha,ha). Happy Birthday, Brent and many,many more!!
Love,

Jess said...

Brent you do have a big ol' mouth :) How's that going? Only 3 1/2 more weeks to go. You are funny! I would die.

I'm glad the 2nd part of his birthday was better than the first. Man that was a rough day Ash. Sorry! That cat picture has me all freaked out. Man Daisy I hope you feel better soon. Poor thing. Love you guys!

Julie said...

Oh, now I get it... you get a free pass on your birthday! I'm impressed that you went with the peach pie then... seems pretty healthy still!

Love the gift bag- too funny!