Monday, March 01, 2010

Happy Birthday Brent - Part 1

Last Thursday, my dear husband turned - would he want me to say? - 36! I know, I can hardly believe it either. That was then... (Oh, and an interesting side note - that chair is downstairs right now!)



And this is now..Still so cute!


So, we had a little party actually on his birthday even though it was Thursday and he's been getting home kind of late because he has a big mouth and can't eat sweets until Easter (ask him, not me). I had had a HORRIBLE day (that story will come later), so I couldn't handle too many people. Ryan and Reyes came down to celebrate with us. I could have handled 1-1/2 more people (Marcela and Camila), but they couldn't come.

For some reason, this one just makes me say, "Fer cute!"

Here's Brent's super yummy pie. I found a recipe on the internet for Old Fashioned Peach Cream Pie and decided to try it out. It was SOOOOOOO good. Seriously. If you'd like the recipe, let me know.
Here are the boys watching a Brian Regan skit thing (You know Kevin, yeah you know Kevin) and laughing!

So, Brent goes to open a package he got, but he needs a utility knife, so he goes and gets one and starts opening the package.
Then I realize that this is THE knife. Yes, the utility knife that nearly cut his thumb off only a week and a half ago. When I said this outloud, Brent said, "Yep and it still even has blood on it!" Then Ryan had to take a picture.
Suddenly outnumbered, the female of the species runs for cover. Stupid boys!

Here's my feeling about this stupid utility knife. I look at it somewhat like the crocodile from Peter Pan tales. The crocodile got a taste of Captain Hooks blood, and followed him forever more to get the rest. I think the utility knife is a little bit like this...now all we have to do is attach a clock to it so we can hear it coming.

Anyway, it was a pretty quiet birthday, but he got some good stuff and got to eat some good pie, so I think it was pretty good, all told. We did have a Part 2 that I forgot my camera for, so I'll post about it when I get the pictures.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRENT!

7 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Brent! That picture is so cute of when he was little. I love it. And the chair.. glad it is still with us. Someone needs to recover that bad boy :)

I loved the story about the knife. I hope it doesn't haunt Brent forever. I can't believe there was still blood. How funny! Way to go on the pie Ash, I'm so impressed with you.

Angel said...

Happy Birthday Brent! I hope you had a good one. Stay AWAY from the knife (sheesh, boys).

I would love your pie recipe if you are willing to share. . .

Roy said...

Hey, Ash. Please wish Brent a very happy birthday for me! I hope he had a great one!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Brent!
Great post Ashley!!
Yes, please post the peach pie recipe...if I ever find peaches in this place I'd love to make it!!!

Mom said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday Brent...step away from the knife...I don't think Ashley can take two wounded love ones!!!
Happy, happy!!
Love ya

Katie & Jared said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Jared talked to him but I never got in my official birthday wish.

Umm...So gross that there was still blood on the knife. Jared would have thought nothing of it and would have probably wanted a picture too. Those Linton boys!

Julie said...

Boys will be boys... too funny! Cute pictures Brent! So, with your diet thing you were able to eat pie?? I'm so confused! Sounds like a fabulous diet to me if you can still eat delicious stuff like pie!