Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Old Fashioned Peach Cream Pie

So I was thinking to myself, "Duh, I could just put the recipe for that peach pie on my blog, then anyone who wanted it could get it." I'm not always the quickest with the uptake.

Anyway, the only thing I would change would be to put a TON more peaches in. It says 2 cups. I'd do at least 3 and if you could fit it, 4.

Old Fashioned Peach Cream Pie
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 52 Minutes, Ready in: 1 hour 22 minutes
Servings: 8

3/4 cup white sugar
2 T all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sliced peaches (see note above)
1 unbaked pie crust

1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Whisk together the 3/4 cup sugar, 2 T flour, and salt. Beat in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the sliced peaches. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking until the filling is set, about 30 minutes. (It took my pie about 40 minutes) Remove from oven.
4) Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
5) Whisk together the 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix in the butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the pie.
6) Return the pie to the preheated oven and bake until topping is golden, about 10 minutes. Let pie cool slightly before serving.

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yummmmmm sounds good!! I am proud of you! Could Brent eat pie?

Julie said...

Yummy! Sounds delicious!