Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hope You Didn't Eat What I Ate...

...because I am NOT feeling well. I don't know whether it's food poisoning or a stomach flu, but today is not my favorite day. Which is neither here nor there.

Then the power went out. Which is also neither here nor there. It's back on now....if you can't tell.

I sit here thinking that I haven't really said much about Brent being in Japan except for the fact that he was going. Well, he made it - duh. (Sorry I'm in a weird mood and as I said, not feeling so super great.) He went to work Saturday morning then found out he was going to be working the 4:30 pm to 3 am shift. Which actually works out really well for me. You see, here that's 12:30 am to 11 am. So, we can talk in the morning - about 11:30 - then he can go to sleep and we can talk at 9 pm after he wakes up and then I can go to sleep. For a little while, I had visions of having to get up at 1 am to talk to him. Which wouldn't have been every night. I mean, I love the guy, but not quite that much. :)

The only confusing part is that it's the next day in Japan. Like Brent's mom said, it's like talking to someone in the future.

Things are going well over there. He's not on the boat this time so he's seeing a bit more of the area. I'm hoping for some pictures when he gets back. And maybe a blog, if he remembers the password.

Other than that, I'm fine here. Except for this flu, oh and the power going out. But, really, that's neither here nor there. :)

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Sorry you are not feeling well...maybe you got what Jess had?!! :)
Hope all is well!

Mom said...

Hope you start feeling better...Bah! No fun to be "stomach sick!" You have had an interesting morning! Glad Brent is doing well and that you are getting to talk to him this time. Hope he takes a bunch of pictures. It will be interesting!! Feel better!
Love ya

Jess said...

so sorry you are sick. I was SO sick Saturday and Sunday. At first I thought it was food poisoning, but I am pretty sure it was the flu and it was miserable.

I hope you feel better soon. Glad Brent is doing well and that is perfect timing to talk to him. I don't think I would wake up at 2 am either.

Love ya!

Courtney said...

I'm sorry you're feeling yucky, but be glad it's not the total digestive track cleaning out kind of yucky that's been going around my ward. So far 2 kids had to go to the ER they were doing so poorly. Hmmmm... I'm thinking my Primary release couldn't have been better timed!

Julie said...

Glad you are feeling better. I hope that nasty sickness that both you and Jess had doesn't travel through cyberspace! I don't want to get sick!

Glad the timing works out that you get to talk to Brent.