Monday, August 30, 2010

Well...He Seems Like He's Still Smart

Our super fun morning is over and Brent is home from getting his wisdom teeth out. The surgery went well. They kept saying that he was the best patient, so calm and easy going. That's Brent for you!

While he was coming around, the doctor kept saying, "Well, when you're our age, it's harder than when you're 17." When did we get to be older than 17? I'm not sure.

But, this is how they explained it to me. When you're a teenager, it's like taking the wisdom teeth out of clay. When you're in your twenties, it's like wood. And then your thirties are like concrete. Eek. They had to remove some of the bone to get one of them out. Eek. So, we're in for a fun month.

(On a completely different note - part of that month is going to be spent on an aircraft carrier.)

So, I know you're on pins and needles to see a video or pictures from today. Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you...

He wasn't really funny coming around. He did ask me if the tooth fairy would come now. And how he got there. Oh, and he kept getting hiccups, but that's not too unusual for him.

He did remind me a bit of his grandpa though - he just couldn't keep his eyes open. Even when we were walking in the house.

But, he's awake enough to threaten me with a horrible death if I take a picture. It's not that bad yet, but it might be interesting this weekend.

:)

6 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

I'll save you Ashy!! Take the picture!!!

Chelsea said...

Can't say I blame him about the pictures...at least posted on your blog. It took a day for my mouth to swell up. I was fine the day of and then bam!! Hopefully everything goes well for him.

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

Ashley,
I hope Brent feels better soon. That is no fun! Good luck with the Luau on Wednesday.!

Mom said...

Glad it is over and hope today isn't too bad for him. Keep those tube socks on his face!! Hope he bounces back really quick and at least enjoys his visit to Utah!!
Anxious to see you both!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hope Brent feels better soon. Mike is terrible with the dentist. They take his blood pressure and think he needs to go to the ER every time. He's like no just let me out of here. I just found a wonderful dentist and he really like her. He is in the chair for the 2nd time this week. So I would say she is pretty good. Thinking of you both.

Wendy

Angel said...

Wishing you the best of luck taking care of him -- we'll just have to tell both of our men to be strong and tough it out ! Oh, and eat lots of ice cream. :)