Thursday, August 26, 2010

Will He Still Be Smart?

When I got home from camp, Brent and I were talking and he sort of nonchalantly said, "I think I broke a tooth, but no worries, it's just a wisdom tooth."

After much discussion, and me finding out that it's been hurting for two weeks - he didn't want to add to my pre-camp stress, but I'm still not sure how I feel about this - Brent made an appointment to get it looked at.

Yep, it was broken.

And, yep, it was a wisdom tooth.

So, off to the oral surgeon we go where they say that that one for sure needs to come out, but so do the rest, which are still impacted. Awesome.

On Monday, Brent is getting all his wisdom teeth out. Then on Thursday we're heading off for a trip to Utah. Busy week.

This brings to mind some questions...

Will Brent still be as smart as he currently is without his wisdom teeth? I got mine out in high school and it's just been downhill since then.

Why are they called wisdom teeth? Is it because they come in when we're older and therefore wiser? Is it because we should be smart enough to get them out? Is it because we should be smart enough to leave them in?

Why didn't Brent get his out in high school? (I asked him this - he said it was because they never bothered him, until now. He's a late bloomer.)

So, whatever you're doing early in the morning on Monday, I bet it won't be as fun as what we're doing...that is...Brent's doing. I just have to take care of him which shouldn't be too bad. I hope he's funny as he comes out of the anesthesia. What if he starts to sing? What will he sing? Should I video tape it and put it on YouTube? All things I will have answered soon.

:)

6 comments:

Mom said...

Cute Blog...poor Brent!!! I think you are "wise" to get them out!!! Do you think he will sing Sup pa pa Troop pa pa??? I think that would be a good one for YouTube...keep your camera ready!! Here comes soup, jello, and KFC Mashed Potatoes! Brent - we will be thinking of you!!!
Love ya!

Jenny Moore said...

Poor Brent...that really stinks!
As for the smart part...well...you really want to put that out there for all to answer?!!!!!
We'll be thinking about you...wish we'd be seeing you this next weekend :(

Chelsea said...

Good luck with the tooth. I sure hope wisdom isn't tied to the wisdom teeth or I'm in big trouble!!

Good luck with traveling so soon after he gets them removed. Not my idea of fun.

Jess said...

Ummmm... Y-E-S you should video tape it! We'll all watch it together when you guys are here ;) Sorry Brent! Good thing you have an awesome nurse to take care of you.

Can't wait to see you in a few days. I'll have ice cream and popsicles on hand (just in case). Hugs and good luck.

Courtney said...

Your mom's comment made me laugh. I was totally thinking that you and Brent would be living on KFC mashed potatoes for the next week. Or maybe while you're home you can eat the yummy ones from the cannery.

Julie said...

That is definitely no fun! I hope you are funny and Ashley captures it all on video. Here's to fast healing so it doesn't impact your UT trip! See you in a few days!