Thursday, January 20, 2011

So Much Going On, So Little Energy

Well, the past few weeks have been filled with very different things!

On December 29th, Court and Brad welcomed their newest little girl, Emma, into their family. She is a cute little thing who makes a lot of noise, all of the time. Not crying, just creaking.

This is not one of my pictures. I took it from the blog of Court's friend who took Emma's pictures. This one didn't say "Marie Photography" on it so I thought it would be ok to put on my blog.
Marie takes amazing pictures. If you would like to see a few of the others, go here.

While Court and Brad were in the hospital, we got to have the other four kids. It was fun. Tiring, exhausting, but fun.

Then, as soon as everyone was home, I got a cold. Brent says it was because I knew everything was done for awhile and I could rest. Probably. I didn't enjoy it though and I can't seem to get over my stupid cough, but...it will eventually leave.

What else has happened...hmmm...Brent started working on our new computer room. We have three bedrooms in our house. It said four when we bought it but the one downstairs doesn't have a closet so I don't think of it as a bedroom. Anyway, our computer has been in the far bedroom with the futon, but it just makes it squishy when people visit. So, I wanted to move the computer desk into the closet, but it wouldn't fit in that bedroom, but it would fit in the middle bedroom. But why just move the computer when we can make it a HUGE project.

So, Brent took off the popcorn ceiling - so much work but so worth it - I fixed some really bad patches the previous owners put in and we primed the whole thing. Last night, Brent painted the ceiling and got it all ready to paint the final coat tonight. Woho! When it's all done, I'll post the before and afters.

I took Daisy to the vet this week and he said that her leg has healed better than he ever thought it would. Woho! She is a pain in the butt, but she is a really cute pain in the butt that we like having around.

Hmmm...what else. Lots of meetings for Relief Society. I don't think those will ever end. I did get released from being the YW Camp Director. I'm sad to be done, but at the same time kind of glad because it was a lot of work.

And now January is getting close to being over and I'm just getting used to the idea it's 2011. Time just flies.

Hopefully next week, I'll feel more like doing things. We'll see.

:)

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Life is always busy!!
If you're bored you could come here and hang with 4 kids...you're a pro by now!!! :)
Glad that they released you from camp director, that is a big calling!

Mom said...

Sounds like you have been keeping busy. Can't wait to see the pictures of the new computer room! I'll bet it will be really nice!! That was a HUGE project! Glad Daisy is healing so well. She may calm down one of these days! Those pictures are DARLING. She looks like a cute baby!! Glad you blogged!!

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

Ashley,

I've been thinking about you lately. It sounds like you have been super busy. I miss talking with you. I guess I could use the phone and call you. I'm glad you are enjoying RS. Sorry to hear about you being released from camp. Especially since my oldest will be going this year and you are so fun! I know it is a ton of work and you are so busy with Releif Society.

Jess said...

That's fun for Courtney and Brad. Tell them congratulations!

Julie said...

Congrats to Court and Brad, that is exciting! Congrats to you for getting released as camp director- that has got to be a huge stress relief. Oh, and yes, I would expect nothing less then a huge project when there is a simple solution... too funny!