Friday, February 25, 2011

I am a Crafter, Through and Through

I love to craft. I just don't always have the time to add it to my list of ever increasing things I need to do. But I do love to craft.

So, way back in January, I saw this on a crafty blog I frequent. I thought it looked pretty cool. So I found some cheap frames at the W store...and then I got busy doing other things. Valentine's Day came and went and I hadn't done my cute crafty project.

This week I realized that there would be another Valentine's Day next year - I know, duh - so why not make it anyway. I broke out my trust-dusty Cricut and voila...
It's not exactly the same for a couple of reasons...1) I am an "improver," not a copier. 2) I couldn't find the same fabric for the background. And 3) I'm not good at straight lines. Because it they aren't perfect, I get annoyed.

But I really like how they turned out. And they were SUPER easy. I already have an idea of for something for spring. I includes my favorite Cricut thing - vinyl. We'll see.

As you can see, I am Ashley, a crafter through and through.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Wala? Really? I love you, but come on! I love the background paper though. Is it paper or gift wrap? Good job!

Katie & Jared said...

That's super cute! I got arts for Jared's V-day gift this year and had so much fun doing it. I can't wait to see what your spring project will be!

Mom said...

Ash...that is darling!! Glad you got it made. Can't wait to see what you'll do for spring! I guess some of me rubbed off on you :)

Julie said...

Awesome Ashley!

Anonymous said...

I think it turned out great. I can never do the projects exactly like someone else either. Good job!