Thursday, March 03, 2011

Good For Them

I have to admit something...and I apologize now for any feelings that will be hurt by this statement, but...I'm not a fan of BYU. I went to Utah State and the University of Utah. My grandpa would probably come back and haunt me if I ever cheered for BYU. Not to mention my husbands feelings.

Having said that, I have to say...good for you BYU! Their star basketball player violated the honor code and they threw him off the team. That takes A LOT of guts this close to the tournament. But, a rule is a rule and everyone should have to follow them.

Then I saw this clip. The title said, "Are BYU's standards too high?" (or something to that affect.) See for yourself what these gentlemen thought.



Wowie!

This will probably be the only time you will ever hear these words from my mouth, but...

Go BYU!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I like it. And like he said, "You know what the code is. You don't have to go there." Yup!

Kathy said...

I love this. Besides Brandon Davies turned himself in, so the code meant something to him as a man not just as a player. BYU's main goal is to turn out well educated wholesome men before turning out good athletes. (He is one of their best players - Jimmer is the star of the team though.)

Julie said...

I agree Ashley and echo your comment... "Go BYU!"