Monday, May 16, 2011

"No one mourns the WICKED..."

Not that any of us are wicked or anything...you'll understand.

So, I'm back from my super fun 3 days in beautiful Boise. Why was I in Boise for three days you ask? Well, let me explain.

A couple of years ago, Court, Brad, Brent and I went to Wicked (the Wizard of Oz musical - you know the one) in Portland. It was AWESOME! My all time favorite musical. Then my dad went to Wicked while on a business trip. (He really liked it, but it's not his favorite. I think Lion King is. Anyway...) So, my mom was starting to feel a little left out and grumpy about not seeing it. She tried to get tickets when it came to Utah but they sold out in an hour so she didn't get any.

So, last year I was looking at where Wicked would be playing this year. It was going to be in Boise around Mother's Day. A plan started.

Here's The Plan...

I talked to my dad and we agreed on The Plan. He would give mom a airplane ticket for Christmas. Where to...I don't know. Then for her birthday, he would give her a hotel. What hotel...well it was suppose to be I don't know, but that didn't work out. Then for Mother's Day, the Wicked tickets. Then she would open her Mother's Day card from me and I would say, "And my gift is that I will meet you there!" Sounds awesome, right? Well, it would have been SUPER awesome if she hadn't guessed what it was all about around her birthday, but...oh well. Still fun!

We met in Boise on Wednesday, went to Wicked on Thursday and flew out on Friday. Whirlwind!

Here are the highlights of our time in beautiful Boise. (You should hear our GPS say Boise. It's hilarious!)



The Beautiful Boise Temple.


Our hotel was right across the freeway from the Temple so that was kind of fun.


This picture requires some explaining. When we were shopping, we saw these press on fingernail paint things. I have seen press on nails, but never press on nail polish so we gave it a try. I don't normally paint my nails so it was kind of weird, but sparkly! It was REALLY hard to get off though so I don't know if I'll do it again.

We also went to the Idaho Botanical Garden. Because, well, I am the plant lady!











And the reason for going...


Not a great picture but I took it with my cell phone and it doesn't do good in low light. We weren't suppose to take pictures...which a woman behind us said very loudly, but we didn't have the stage in the background or anything so I thought it was ok.

And so ends the funnest Mother's Day gift my mom ever has or probably ever will get. Because my dad and I can only come up with a Plan like that once in a life time.

:)

5 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

What an awesome plan!!!
It stinks that I'm not in Boise anymore...makes me very very sad!!!!
Hugs

Mom said...

I WAS feeling grumpy!!! What a GREAT Mother's Day Present (and Christmas and Birthday) to get to see such a WONDERFUL musical but MORE than that...to spend some time with you!! It was a FANTASTIC 3 days and I loved it. So, sorry Dad kind of screwed it up so that I was able to guess, but it WAS a great plan and I love you both for thinking of it, paying for it, and carrying it off!! I think you might have a few more great plans in you!!
Thanks again for the great time!
Love ya!!!

Jess said...

What fun! So.. did your mom love it? I bet it was great fu, whirlwind trip and all :)

Chelsea said...

Very fun! I gave my Mom tickets to Josh Groban once. I'm sure your Mom loved it. Wicked it definitely one of my favorite plays also.

Kathy said...

Totally Awesome Plan! It really is hard fooling us moms though, our brains are just always adding 2 & 2 from when our kids were young and we had to figure out what was going on when they weren't telling us. I'm glad you had so much fun!!