Monday, June 06, 2011

Having Fun With the Family

Ok, I'm back to the world of the almost living. I hurt my back - I have no idea how - and I've been down for a few days. But I'm back to being semi vertical.

But the sad part was that I had to miss the U2 concert over the weekend. I surprised Brent with tickets to the concert for his birthday (well, it was suppose to be a surprise at least, I spilled the beans because I was so excited that I had gotten tickets). But, Brent took another date - ok, Brad - and met Ryan and his date - ok a guy named Leo. It was a boys night out. But they had a blast! So that's good.

The date thing reminds me of a story. One time Court and I went to the Flower and Garden show over in Seattle. So Brent went over to their house to have dinner. Kyle prayed. He said, "Please bless Mommy and Ashley on their date..." Hee hee.

Do you think the boys will be mad I said date? Oh well.

Now onto what I was really going to talk about...the rest of our weekend in Denver.

We played a lot of games and played outside and ate some good bbq and bbq'd some good burgers. And now onto the pictures.

We went to a fun park and had a picnic and played and played and played.
See, I really was there! And so was Katie.





What is Cayden looking at, you ask...

His silly Daddy, of course.





Then we spent time in Jared and Katie's newly grassed backyard. Unfortunately, I think Cayden may have inherited Brent's aversion to cameras, so it was mostly just silly.

Ok, so these aren't in their backyard...but near their house. On Monday, it was suppose to be really windy so we tried to fly a kite...it wasn't that windy but windy enough to be kind of annoying.



Houdini




And so ends our fun trip to Denver. Thank, guys, for making our stay so much fun! Even if getting there was annoying!

Oh, and, we went and saw Brent's Aunt Annie and Uncle Steve too plus some of their kids but I didn't take any pictures. Sorry. It was fun though!

Now I'm just looking forward to my back feeling better so I can get back out and weed. Not that I like weeding, but I REALLY don't like all the weeds.

3 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Cool guys night out!!! Way to go cool wife Ashley!!
Glad you had fun in Denver!!!

Mom said...

Looks like you had a fun trip AFTER you finally got there!! Glad it was good and your return home was uneventful. Hope your back continues to fet better and can weed (yuck!) Still think you need a pygmi goat!!! Named Goatrude!
Love ya!

Katie & Jared said...

Thanks for coming to visit us. We LOVED having you here. You got some really great pictures too. I wish that I'd had my camera out more. Oh, well.

Sorry about your back, that stinks. I blame the misile!

Love ya!