Friday, June 03, 2011

Now On To Happier Times

Ok, I'm feeling better now. A little less shell shocked and annoyed at our crazy travel day. And extremely thankful that we came out of it with just annoyance and no lasting injuries!

And, to answer Jenny's question, no we didn't get the extra insurance. So we'll see how it works out and I'll let you know!

And now onto happier times. After a slow morning, we met up with Katie and the boys to head to the zoo.

Jacob was asleep when we got in the car, but Cayden had a lot to say. He had to tell his mom first what he wanted to tell me, but then it always got to me. It was cute.

When we got to the zoo, we ate some lunch - we had very nice sandwiches from the food court. I was surprised...zoo meals are not normally that good. Anyway, Jacob hadn't really said anything since we had gotten there, but about half way through lunch, he looked up and me with this face that said, "Wait a second, who are you?" After that, we were friends.

Here are the highlights:
I just love watching kids watch the animals.


This gorilla even interacted with them.

Thanks for trekking up the big hill with us Katie!

Cayden got some cotton candy and shared it with his little brother. Jacob definitely looked like he had fun!

My camera is just not fast enough for pictures of kids, but I think this one turned out pretty good even if he's not looking at the camera.


Julie wanted to show how far she could jump. It was about 6 feet - like a Jack Rabbit.

Then Brent jumped - he's also a jack rabbit.

And Cayden was the smartest - he just ran. Made it all the way to fox!

Giraffe's are Julie's favorite animal.
Oh, yeah, Julie met us at the zoo after her three hour run. Yep, she ran for three hours straight. She's getting ready to run the Rock and Roll Marathon in Seattle this month. Go Julie!



Brent's favorite animal is a polar bear. Kind of fits, doesn't it?

I forgot to take a picture of Katie with her favorite animal - a zebra. My favorite animal is an okapi and Cayden's is a frog - also not pictured.

There were a lot of cute baby animals and not many people - once the 42 buses of school kids left. But a great day at the zoo.

The rest of our trip was mostly just playing around. More on that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I love seeing pictures! So glad that we are on to happier times in Denver. I'm still a little shaken up by the last blog post, I can imagine you guys are. Geez!

I love the zoo. There is something so fastinating about animals. Glad you had a fun day.
Love you!

Chelsea said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We brought our nephews to a zoo once. I think we might have had more fun than they did. I have to admit I had to look up what your favorite animal was!

Katie & Jared said...

It really was a GREAT day at the zoo. I was surprised the boys were as well behaved as they were. You got some REALLY great pictures too! It was definitely worth the trek up that hill. ;)

Jenny Moore said...

What cute pictures of everyone having fun at the zoo!!!
Wish we could've all been together!