Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just a Little Happy...

Here are a few things that are making me happy today:

1) I'm a little bit cold, but the sun is shining.

2) My super cute new pot I planted.

3) The fact that I picked two, count them... two, tomatoes today. Alright, they're cherry tomatoes, but since we didn't get ANY last year, two is a huge improvement.

4) Daisy is shedding all over the place and my vacuum is broken. Wait, that's not a good thing. But it's not bothering me too much. I might even get a new vacuum out of it.

5) Yesterday was our anniversary and we got to celebrate it by going to Les Mis - a week ago - and a yummy dinner last night. Our marriage is now a miamaid. Seriously?

6) Other than not being vacuumed, my house is clean. So if someone stops by, I won't have to be embarrassed.

7) I talked to my Grandma today. She is fun to talk to.

8) Went to the zoo yesterday with Court and the kids. I love the zoo but forgot my phone and my purse, which is another story, so there might not be any pictures from the day. Oh well, still fun!

and

9) My person gardener, who was one of the young women I taught and I hired to help out this summer before she goes off to college, swept the driveway and stairs today. I love having it all clean and I love not having to do it.

It's a good day!

4 comments:

Jess said...

That's right.. happy anniversary you 2 lovebirds! Les Mis and dinner sounds like the perfect way to celebrate.

I love clean! Good job. I think Saturday you should venture out and get a new vacuum. That is my favorite chore!

Courtney said...

That's not a little happy, that's a lot of happy!

Mom said...

Well, those are some good things to be happy about!! I LOVE your cute new plant at your front door. Fun! Glad you got a couple tomatoes...wish you were here - it has been a weird year and we won't have as many tomatoes as usual BUT they are all ripening at once!! You could share :) Hope today brings some more "happy" thoughts to you!
Love you!

Kathy said...

I think #9 would be my favorite! I might try to copy that idea next year!