Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me...

I know, I know...my birthday was a while ago, but, I've been busy, so let's relive it.

The Sunday before my birthday I got to speak in church. Woho! Now that's a fun birthday present. But, after that, it got a little more fun. Our house was full of some of our favorite people. And I put Sarah in charge of the camera so ... well ... you'll see. It's interesting to see the world through a twelve-year-old's eyes.


You see, we were all here for me. Because, you know, it was almost my birthday.

We had some good times just sitting around.








We had super good times eating my favorite kind of cake -
Better Than Anything Cake

I don't know if it's better than ANYTHING, but it is better than a whole lot of things!

Jeez, I'm actually in a couple of pictures...and they aren't scrunch pictures. Crazy!

I opened some presents.



I left this picture in because Aaron's face still makes me laugh. A lot. Thought you could use a laugh too.



Cami tackled Ryan and kept him down for a little while.



The bigger boys talked about bigger toys and engineering.


Ryan and Marcela got me this cute stuffed hippo that you can warm up in the microwave, so the kids had to try it out.



Ahh...Sir Heinrich the Smelly Hippo. Sadly, once warmed, he smelled like lavendar. Which is not one of my favorite smells. But, I have a plan to get rid of the smelly stuff. And it's funny to call him Sir Heinrich the Smelly.

Someone lined the banister with soldiers, even hiding a few in the garland. I'm pretty sure there are one or two left even now.


And we had a few more pictures taken.
Don't worry. Sarah isn't actually shorter than me anymore. She's leaning down. Thanks Sarah.


Kyle and Reyes playing on the stairs. I have a sneaking suspicion that these are the ones who put the soldiers in the garland.

Reyes, who would rather be about any animal rather than be a little girl.





All in all, it was a great day-before-my-birthday! Thanks to all involved.

On my actual birthday, Brent took the day off. We had a nice relaxing day! I love those. Then we took the ferry over to Seattle, went out to dinner at this super floofy restaurant, and then went to see Canadian Brass. What's Canadian Brass you ask? Well, it's 5 guys from Canada who play all different kind of music with only brass instruments. They were really good. If you want to hear some of their stuff, go here.

I tried to take a picture of us with my cell phone but...well...you can see how well that turned out.

Actually, it looks quite a bit better small.

So, there it is...my birthday this year. How old am I, you ask? Well, I'm 36. When did that happen you ask? I have no idea. Time sure flies when you're having fun!

3 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!
I'm glad you had a good one even if your silly nephew who shall not be named, messed up and we never wished you a happy birthday! Glad there is one next year!!! :)

Mom said...

Glad you are back and it was nice to see what you did on your "almost" birthday. Looks like you had a lot of fun with some great people!! Can't wait until your 12-12-12 birthday...cruising here we come!!!
Love

Courtney said...

Fun pictures! That one of Aaron made both Brad and I laugh too. :)