Friday, December 30, 2011

Wild Kingdom...Again

Do you remember how my backyard is a wild kingdom? We've see coyotes...lots of coyotes...or just one lots of time, hawks, snakes, racoons, squirrels, Brent, Daisy, etc, etc? But, we have never seen a deer. I thought this was kind of weird. It seemed like perfect deer habitat. Then, the other day, I was able to catch this on film. Or pixels. Jeez, what would you say now-a-days. We don't have film anymore. Wait, I digress.Yep, that is in fact a deer in our backyard. We think it's a black tailed deer. Not that that really matters, just thought I'd point it out.

I don't mind wild kingdom in my backyard. Well, except for two things. I don't want to ever see a bear or a sasquatch in my backyard. There may not be sasquatch but if there are, I for sure don't want to see one in my backyard. Or an elephant. If I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream big. Or a dinosaur. You get the picture.

I'll keep my eyes to the backyard and my camera handy and see what else I can catch. Who knows...maybe a unicorn next.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Glad you finally saw a deer. I thought it was truly remarkable that you never have!! How fun! (except for flowers if there were any!!) I am with you...wouldn't want to see a bear or a Sasquatch or dinosaur!! Deer are just fine!!!

Jenny Moore said...

I'm going to hope for a unicorn with a rainbow...that would be fun!!!
It's a cute little thing. Are deer small in Washington like they are in Georgia? More large dogs than huge deer.
Love ya!

Jess said...

I love your wooded area. I would sit out there for hours watching. So glad you finally captured the little bugger :)
He is a cute little thing.

Thanks for sharing!!
xoxox