Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Now that we're well into January...seriously, where has the time gone...I'd thought I'd wax poetic about our Christmas celebrations this year. Well, technically, last year but you get the idea.

Brent's mom and sister, Julie, came to enhance our Christmas cheer. We had a wonderful time. I even took a few pictures.

Mom and I did some shopping at the mall. I don't shop at the mall so that was interesting. We got there early enough to get a parking space but when we left, it was a little crazy.

We also went to see a few of movies - in the theaters. I know, I was surprised too. I can't remember the last movie we saw in the theaters. I think it was the last Harry Potter.

Anyway, went to see Sherlock Holmes, Mission Impossible, and, after everyone left, The Muppets. I liked all three of them. We even got a scrunch picture with Tom Cruise. Yeah, we're that cool.

We had a lot fun times together. Brent cooked a lot, which is always good. All in all, we had a great time! Let's look at some pictures.

We spent Christmas Eve in Silverdale with Ryan, Marcela, the girls and their neighbors. Reyes donned her dragon costume and had some fun playing with her dad and Brent.




We took some cute pictures...

Isn't that the cutest dragon you've see in a long time?



Reyes showed off her jack-o-lantern smile...
When did she get old enough to start loosing teeth?

Marcela helped me make a poinsettia barrette-thing for my hair (am I a girl or what?)...


Ryan and Marcela made an amazing meal. And Ryan, being the engineer he is, made a time table for when to put things in and take them out. We were impressed.


And for dessert, Mom and I made this awesome cake...

It both looked and tasted good. Yeah us!

Then came the nativity. I really liked how they did the nativity with all the little littles. They played the primary song...um....ok...I don't remember what primary song they played but it talked about all the different people and animals that came to see the Baby Jesus. Great idea! Here are the highlights.
First we have to show Ryan's super awesome Wise Man costume that he ordered on the internet. I especially like the head piece.

Does Reyes want to be Mary? Nope, a donkey. She was a great donkey!

I don't know if Cami knew, but she was the angel.

At one point she laid in the manger but she was little too big.



Like I said, cute way to do it. Short, sweet and to the point.

A perfect end to a great Christmas Eve.

Ok, now that I've gotten to this point, I think that Christmas will be coming tomorrow. So check back! Seriously, I really will. I promise. Probably.

2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

I love Reyes as a dragon...at least she didn't try to be a dragon in the Nativity!!
The Nativity looked darling...
LOVE Ryan's clock...that was rather inventive!
Glad you got to see movies, way fun!
And the cake looks dreamy...did you save me any?
Glad you had a great time, thanks for sharing!

Courtney said...

Reyes does make one cute little dragon!