Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas Time is Here Again

See, told you I would. Hah! You didn't think I would.

Christmas dawned warm and green...oh how I love our Northwest Christmas! Since we only had adults in our house, we got up and went to Church without having to open presents. Church was only an hour long and it was one of my all time favorite Sacrament Meetings. They had a few people talk about their favorite Christmas Hymns, then we sang them. Great, huh? Well, the last speaker talked about Silent Night. A great hymn. He talked about how it was written because the organ broke in this small town in Germany. He talked about how Silent Night actually has 6 verses, and we don't even sing the first three. But the last thing he talked about really got me. Probably because he's a choir director and I'm a total choir nerd. But he said that people always seem to want to sing at Christmas time. His theory about why is that we remember singing at Christ's birth and we want to feel that way again. I don't know if that's true but I REALLY like it. Still brings a little tear to my eye.

After the wonderful Sacrament Meeting, we came home, had some breakfast and opened some presents.
Brent got a great new apron, that I made, I might add. Well, I bought the apron but I put the Darth Vader on it. Using vinyl. Have I mentioned how I love vinyl?



Santa was good to us all, even me, who is not pictured. He was even good to Daisy, who got a new toy with feathers on it. She promptly took it down the hallway to attack it.
It was quite hilarious.

Then came Mom's present from us. When we were there at Thanksgiving, we bought the present, wrapped it, and hid it in the house. So, Brent made a word puzzle that would lead her to it when she got home. It was hard stuff but she eventually figured it out.

And then the masses arrived. Ryan and Marcela and the girls came down. Brad, Court and the kids came over. And Uncle Gary. It was a full house, but I loved it.

Brent made an amazing ham dinner. And we opened some more presents.

Finding out that Court and I think a lot a like. We both did family game night-esk boxes. I swear, we didn't talk about it before hand. It was quite funny.







And the little ones went downstairs to watch some Toy Story 2. Aren't they cute all bundled up under the blanket?


We hope you had an amazing Christmas too! If you ever want to have a warm, green Christmas, we'd love to have you. Although we can't guarantee warm or green...

I wanted to share with you the lyrics to the best Christmas song ever!

Christmas in the Northwest
The wind may not blow
Might not even snow
But there's nothing like Christmas
Right here at home

It may not be white
Might be a rainy night
But there's nothing like sharing
The sounds and the sights of ...

Christmas in the Northwest
Is a gift that we can share
Christmas in the Northwest
Is a child's answered prayer

Take away the presents
And they still will have a dream
For Christmas in the Northwest
Is a gift God wrapped in green

That first Christmas night
Under just one light
In a small town, a child came down
The Father's gift of love and life

And so, I dedicate this prayer
To the children in our care
That we teach them of the gifts of love
He has planted everywhere
Just like ...

Christmas in the Northwest
It's a gift that we can share
Christmas in the Northwest
Is a child's answered prayer

If you take away the presents
Why, they still will have a dream
For Christmas in the Northwest
Is a gift God wrapped in green

And I know it may not turn out white
But it's still 'silent night'
So gather those you love
And tell the story of the gift of living
Believe we see from the one who's giving
Giving us ...

Christmas in the Northwest
Is a gift that we can share
Christmas in the Northwest
Is a child's answered prayer

And even if you take away the presents
I still would have a tree
For Christmas in the Northwest
Is a gift God wrapped in green

That God wrapped up in green

Christmas in the Northwest
Is a gift God wrapped up in green

Ok, it may not be the best Christmas song, but it's a little funny, right? Merry Christmas!

No comments: