Friday, January 13, 2012

The Last of 2011

Well, I thought I'd do one last post for the year 2011. Isn't it a little bit crazy that 2011 is over? Am I the only one who thinks that?

With all my pinteresting this year, I have a huge list of crafts that I want to do. So, I thought I'd do one of them with Sarah and Chloe before Christmas. That way they could give the finished pieces to their friends.

We made necklaces out of washers. They turned out cute, but there are a few things I would do differently next time. But, hey, you live and learn.

Day One: We chose the paper, cut out the circles and glued them to the washers with modge podge, as per the directions.
This is the first thing I would change. The modge podge didn't stick very well. I would use a stronger glue next time.
Day Two: We cut the excess paper off, filed the edges and put the dimensional paint on them.
I think the excess paper would have come off easier if the glue had held better. We also learned that getting the bubbles out of the dimensional paint is a PAIN!

And the Final Product. Cute, huh? You can hardly tell that they were once washers. Chloe said that her friends liked them so much that other people who didn't get any were upset.

And...the last thing I took pictures at for the whole year was...Emma's 1st Birthday.
Happy Birthday Emma!





New Year's at our house was quiet. We had fondue...yum...and I fell asleep at 11:30p. Brent did wake me up at midnight, but then I promptly went back to sleep. I am so my father's daughter. I swear, he turns into a pumpkin at 9pm. I'm a little bit better...I can make it until 10pm, but after that, it's just crazy. What a weird thing to inherit!

One of my new years resolutions is to do more stuff, take more pictures while doing that stuff, and blog more. We'll see how I do.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

You're ahead of me! I've still got some catch up blogging to do. Next week. Love that picture of Emma! I think those necklaces turned out super cute too. You are awesome to do that with the girls!

Kathy said...

You are the BEST auntie those kids could have! Love you and your crafts.

Mom said...

Cute pictures...looks like you guys had a bunch of fun! The cute picture of Emma looks like she should be "Cindy Lou Who" - DARLING! You are getting to be quite the crafter!! Keep up the good work!