Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Bug Museum

Remember how I said that I'm going to do more stuff this year, take more pictures and blog more. Well, only a couple of weeks in and here we go...

Court and I took the kids to the Bug Museum on the last day of their Winter Break. I've heard a lot about this place but haven't gone yet. It's small, but it's free so I think it's kind of nice.
Kyle liked the painted lady butterflies. And also the tarantula that he got me to take a picture of before I thought it through.
I am REALLY not a fan of spiders! Seriously. Ick.



Aaron argued with me about whether a scorpion was a crab. He finally conceded that a scorpion was a type of crab...not so much but he wasn't going to believe anything else.



This Walking Stick is from Indonesia. I had Sarah put her hand in the picture so you could see how big it was. Sarah and I decided that Indonesia wasn't on our top 10 list of where we wanted to go.






Emma liked the painted lady butterflies too.

But mostly she liked the stuffed bugs and anything else she wasn't suppose to get into, like the kleenix.

Aaron loved these bug glasses. He said to me, "Ashley, I just wish these could come home with me."


Look...I did something, took pictures and blogged. Woho!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Cute pictures! I am excited to see all your blog posts. That is a good goal. I have been a MAJOR slacker. Thanks for sharing the bug museum.

Love ya!

Courtney said...

Cute pics! I will have to link this one on my blog for sure. :)

Mom said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. There are certainly a LOT of bugs out there that we never knew were there (or wanted to!!) I am with you Indonesia is NOT in my top 10 either...BIG BUG!! Aaron looked cute in the bug glasses! I am glad you are going to blog more - sure enjoy the blogs and the pictures!! Hope you aren't snowed in!!
Love you!

Kathy said...

You are a delightful blogger and so I am glad you are going to blog more, too. That walking stick was amazing I love that I seldom see scary bugs!