Monday, February 27, 2012

They Say it's your Birthday...

Well, not my birthday, but Brent's birthday. Since his birthday was on a Saturday, we thought it would be fun to have a party that day. And I thought it would be fun to have a theme party! Probably because I've been looking at Pinterest entirely too much.

What's the theme? Star Wars of course. So I made some lightsabers...
And we found some Star Wars tattoos and we were in business!

We had a houseful, what with Brad and Court, their five kids, Ryan and Marcela, their two kids, and Marcela's mom and sister. It was loud and chaotic and great!

I made pizza for the festivities, since Brent shouldn't have to cook on his birthday. It was very tough, but I pulled through. I ordered it online and everything.

Then we opened some presents.
Brent got a lot of great things. Legos, bacon popcorn, Star Wars on bluray (yep, I caved), a Lowe's gift card and lots of fun cards.
This is Kyle's theme card. It says that Sebulba likes Brent. (Sebulba - and I might be spelling that wrong - is from Phantom Menace. He's kind of a bad guy so I don't know what that means for how Kyle sees Brent.)
Emma really wanted to help open presents but Chloe was on it. (Notice the bacon popcorn in Brent's hand. We haven't tried it yet. Honestly, I'm a little scared.)

We had a lot of fun just hanging out...

Cami and Sarah

Emma


Luz, Marcela and Dany
 We were so glad that Luz and Dany were still in town to enjoy the craziness!


We had some pie and cupcakes. Pie because Brent loves pie. Cupcakes because he chose a coconut cream pie, which I don't like, but I like cupcakes.

And we even got a little show from Cami, assisted by Emma.
I never got a good picture (note to self, must get a digital SLR), but I'll try to describe it. Cami got up on that little step and proceeded to pretend to sing. With her mouth open and arms out. It was hilarious! Then Emma got in on the action and jumped up there too. We had a good laugh.

I hope Brent enjoyed his party. I know I had fun!

Happy Birthday Brent!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Fun!! I love the star wars themed party. I am sure that is what jayson will request now!! Do you want to sell me all your star wars DVD's now that you have them on Blueray? :) I think Emma and cami look so much alike in those pictures. Holy cow!! Way to pull through on the pizza.
Love ya!!

Courtney said...

It was fun! Emma and Cami were definitely in coordinating outfits and hair-dos, but I'm surprised how much they look alike in those pictures. It will be fun to see how they change or stay the same over the years. Happy Birthday to Brently!!

Jenny Moore said...

Ash, I love the themed party!!!
You crack me up...I made the pizza..ordered them and everything!!!! :)
Glad you had a fun night!

Mom said...

Ash - cute theme!! I LOVE your light sabers...how creative! I'll bet the "boys" loved them!! I am glad my cooking skills rubbed off on you and you were able to order the pizza!! I wanted to see pictures of the cupcakes!! The kids look darling! And Cami and Emma really do look quite a bit alike (except for the red hair!) Cute, cute babies!!! Glad Brent had such a nice birthday!
Love ya

Julie said...

That is my kind of cookin'! Smart! Awesome party...love the star wars theme. Fun! Fun!