Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Checking Off Our List

What did you do last weekend? We were in Utah. There were quite a few things on our list (I am a HUGE list maker. I even sometimes put stuff on my list that I've done just so I can cross it off. It's awesome) to do while we were there:
1) See Brent's Mom before she goes on her mission
2) Go to Swiss Days and get way too many great ideas
3) Wish my Dad a very happy birthday
4) Go to those places that we just don't have here, or are harder to get to, ie: Swiss Days, Deseret Book, Distribution, you get the idea!
5) Enjoy time with family

I'm happy to report that we checked everything off our list while were there! Woho!

List Item #1 and #5:
Brent's mom decided she wanted to go on a mission so we've been having a lot of fun experiencing this with her from a far. She got her call on August 13th (ish, I can't remember the exact date) and it said that she will be serving in the Texas Houston South Mission working on family history and document preservation. Who knew. But then the biggest bombshell - she would be reporting to the MTC on September 3rd. That was only 3 weeks away.

Brent and I had been discussing going to see her before she left, but we didn't realize we'd be going that quickly. Because of some car issues, we thought we were going to have to drive - sigh - but at the almost last minute, we figured out the car issues and flew. Woho!

For the first time in quite a few years, all of Brent's siblings were in the same place at the same time. We did miss Steve, Emmy, Meg, Alyssa and Eli since they had to stay home, but they were there in spirit!

On Saturday, Leslie had an open house at an outside pavilion, in August, in Utah. No worries. Well, a HUGE thunderstorm came through just as we were getting there. It POURED and the wind blew, and the thunder and lightning were right over us. It was kind of exciting and a little bit scary. But the kids love it...
Can you see the rain?

And many people braved the weather to come wish her good luck. It turned out to be a great night.

On Sunday, since we were all dooded up for church, we took some pictures.



Yep, Brent's in a suit. Doesn't he clean up nice?


All the L* kids had to have some pictures together.




With only minimal craziness...
Ok, a lot of craziness when it came to the boys...
Hey Boys!

What?
Let's take a picture of you guys! Look like you like each other.

Umm...that's not it

That's kind of the opposite of it

Getting closer
It was a lot of fun! And I had to take some other pictures too. I mean, it wouldn't be me without a scrunch picture or two.


I didn't take this picture, but I love this picture so I stole it.

I didn't take this picture either, but I had to point out one thing. Reyes is holding a bat and Cayden looks a little bit like Dracula. Just saying...



It was a great Sunday with a WONDERFUL setting apart that night! We were glad we were there.

There's part of my list checked off! I have a few other things on my list today so I'll have to finish our trip later. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Love lists to be checked off...such accomplishment!
It was so fun to all be together!!
Yeah!!

Jess said...

Well done Ash! I am a list maker too. I make lots of lists and when I check one off, it looks sloppy to me so I make a new one. Haha!
It was so great to see you guys that weekend. Glad it turned out so good.

Love you!