Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It MUST Be the Hormones

When I was growing up, we had this old mare named Buttercup. She was a great old mare who let you do just about anything to her. And believe me, I tried everything.

I know I have a picture of her somewhere, but since it's an actual picture and I'd have to find it, then scan it - what DID we do before digital cameras - I found some pictures online that look similar to what she looked like.
Similar coloring, not the right pattern but you get the idea.

And while I was looking for those pictures, I found this one...
I always wanted a black and white paint and I would name him Newspapers, and...
He would have a blue eye. I've always been a sucker for blue eyes!

Anyway, I digress.

Buttercup was a wonderful, sweet, affectionate mare for about 28 days a month, but those two days...horses have "cycles" too...were awful! She would walk around with her nostrils flared and her ears back. She would nip at anyone who came too close. She was just a pain! (Made you really appreciate the geldings who could care less.)

That's how I feel today. If I had ears that would move, they would be back. If I could flare my nostrils like horses do, they would be flared. And I may not nip at everyone in my path, but I'll definitely grump at them.

But, it's just the hormones, right? I don't have some heretofore undiagnosed personality problem, right?

Maybe it's a good thing that Brent's out of town this week. But poor Daisy.

Oh, and it is YW's tonight. Ummm...maybe I need to rearrange my attitude by then. Perhaps a nap is in my future!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Boy, that DOES look like Buttercup...sweet little Buttercup! AND I remember your wanted Paint, Newspapers...everytime I see one, I think of you! I don't remember that about Buttercup, but then I have a hard time remembering a lot about things :) - well, I certainly hope the nap helped and I certainly hope it just lasts two days!! Hormones are a lovely, lovely thing!
Hang in there!

Love ya!