Sunday, March 26, 2006

So, That's Why They Call It "March Madness"

What a couple of games we missed by being good and going to Church. George Mason University came back and beat #1 seed UConn. Then, Florida beat #1 seed Villanova. All Brent could say was, "Man, and we had to be righteous and go to Church." That's my husband. It should be a good Final Four!

It's happened. We've been in our new ward two weeks and Brent's gotten a calling. He is now the Ward Clerk for the Southworth Ward. I think this is a perfect calling for him. It's a job that needs someone to count on, but it's also behind the scenes. All he said when I asked him about it though is, "I have to go to all the meetings." That is also my husband.

We bought a ladder yesterday. Doesn't that sound like a homeowner thing to do? I think so. It was exciting. Brent put up our new light fixture in our bedroom. It looks SOO much better. We are just not shiny brass people.

We ran a lot of errands yesterday. It was so nice to get things done! And it was a GORGEOUS day. Both Brent and I wore short sleeves. It felt so good to get some sun on our faces. That seems funny after spending so much time in Hawaii that we got tired of the sun. I really think that the only way you can survive living in Western Washington is to just ignore the really rainy and gloomy days and relish the sunny days!

Oh, another thing from church. I started a Family History class today. What I learned is that I've only just begun. That's cool though. I really got bit by the family history bug while we were in Hawaii. I'm looking forward to learning more about what to do.

Brent was downstairs while I was starting the computer up and all of a sudden he calls out, "Ash, I have the picture for the blog today!" So I go down there and he's unpacked his Mr. Potato Heads and set them up in the craft room. Here's the picture. He told me to make sure that everyone notices that the "Spud Tropper" is holding a potato masher instead of a gun. Again, that's my husband!


















Here are our before and after pictures of the day. As I said, the "red room" turned out a blue color instead of the greenish gray that we wanted, so we had to repaint it because I just didn't want two blue rooms. I like blue, but not that much. So we painted the room "Mountain Haze". The pictures don't show the color really well, but I would describe it as a light celery. We like it. It makes the craft room look very good!

Before: (I have to warn you, this color may be too much for some viewers!)
The white bits on the walls are from where the holes in the walls were. I don't know how you could possibly put that many holes in a wall, but the teenage boy who lived in this room found a way!














And now the After: Sooooo much better! Unfortunately, I think we're always going to call it the "red room"!















Hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so the potato masher seriously just made my day- that is so Brent, I love it!

The house is looking great. I'm excited to see it in August!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was a potato masher. I saw the picture but it didn't dawn on me! CUTE! The house is coming along. Come and help us paint ours now that you have so much practice! Hope it stays sunny for you (and us!)

Jess said...

That red room was scary! Did the person staying in it before have eye problems :) Just kidding.

I love the potato heads. Brent takes them to a whole new level.

The green celery color is a great color. I loved it! You guys are doing so good. Love that you bought a ladder!

Courtney said...

You called it! Ward clerk! And wow! That really was a red room!!!!

Anonymous said...

PotatoEs rock!