Sunday, April 02, 2006

Conference Weekend

Hello again. It looks like Sundays are the best days for me to blog, but don't give up on me. As soon as we figure out a way to snake the phone line all the way into the other room, we'll get the real computer up and working and maybe I will be able to do this more often!

We have had an ok week. I was really busy at work learning how to figure out how much the government owes us for moving people. Accounting is not my strong suit, so it has been somewhat of a struggle. I think I'm getting better.

Brent has been kind of stressed out about his new calling. He got a folder from the old Ward Clerk with about 10 pages, single spaced, of responsibilities. Brent kind of freaked. He's feeling a little better now. I told him that he needs to actually do it, then maybe it won't be as bad. His first meetings are this Wednesday night.

We decided that we needed to turn over a new leaf in this ward and actually go to the Ward Activities. It was a pot luck, so, hey, free food didn't hurt. We didn't stay the whole time, but we did go. It's a good first step.

We are so thankful for Conference weekend! We love to listen to the talks. I say listen because you have to have satellite to get conference here so we listen to it on the Internet. The only thing we don't like about that is that sometimes we don't know whose talking. It's easy to get confused, especially with the 70's. But, it still is a great time. We loved listening to the Prophet's talk this morning. It was a great talk! I liked that he shared more personal bits of himself. It was great! We are so thankful that he is doing better! He is a great man!

It doesn't feel like we've gotten much done on the house this week. Brent changed the hall light fixture. We are getting a lot closer to being done though. (I know I say that every week, but we are...slowly but surely)

What a boring weekend for March Madness. The two games yesterday were really boring. I don't completely watch them, but I could tell by Brent just sitting there that nothing much was going on. Hopefully it will be a better game tomorrow night.

Today is going to be the backyard pictures of the house, since we have no newly painted rooms or anything. This first one is of our great deck. We love it!! It will be really nice when we have a table and chairs out there. Hopefully by the time everyone comes here, it will be a nice little oasis! As you can also see, the lawn needs a little work. Luckily, we have someone in the family who knows how to do that work. Well, ok, I'll admit, it's me. In a couple of years, you won't even recognize it.

Oh, and where I'm standing is going to be the garden. It probably won't get planted until next year, but, we will have a garden. It will be great.

This one is of what I like to call, our forest. There is a green belt that goes on for about 3/4's of a mile behind us. There is suppose to be a stream down there somewhere, but we haven't seen it yet. Nice view though, huh? The other morning, the sun was coming up behind the trees and there was still some fog in the trees. It looked almost ghostly out there! Ok, so I can't get the stupid picture to load. I'll take another one and put it up next week.

Hopefully this picture will load. Here's our little advertisement today. We love Resolve. Let me tell you a little story. We went to a really good Italian dinner a couple of weeks ago. I had leftovers that had olive oil and garlic on it. Brent put them on the back seat of my car and of course, it leaked. He spent a long time out there trying to clean it up, but it didn't work. It was still very garlicy!!! So, he went and got some Resolve and cleaned it and it's all gone! And, we used it on the carpet downstairs in the used to be "red room" and it did a good job there, so buy resolve if you need carpet cleaning or deoderizing!







Hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I like Resolve too! I've heard that Spot Shot is also a good one! And I love your deck!

Anonymous said...

Decks rule!

Anonymous said...

Your house and deck look great! I think you'll find your house will never be truly done. There will always be a project or two or three or... well, you get the idea. Love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»