Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Spring has sprung...at least for today...in the Northwest! It was 60 degrees and sunny all day today. Granted, I had to work, but at least I sit in front of a huge window, so I got to enjoy it, somewhat!

Right now I'm watching my absolute FAVORITE show...the Amazing Race. I'm so happy because they moved it back to 8p our time so I can watch it and still get enough sleep. It makes me happy. I would love to be in the places they get to go, but I don't think I would do well in a competition for that long.

Speaking of competition...after Conference on Sunday, we decided to play a game. Brent chose Risk. I have never played Risk before, so it took us a little bit to figure it out. But...once we did, I totally won. Actually, it was more like Global Domination! It was awesome! I enjoy winning every once in awhile. Truthfully, there are only a couple of games that I'm good at. I can name them...connect four (Brent has only beat me maybe 7 times and we've played a lot while waiting for flights), scrutineyes (I'm good at the weird animals), and Disney Trivia (I kick butt at this game). Not a huge list, but maybe after a couple more wins, I can add Risk to this list.

Oh, I keep forgetting to tell this story. It's a very scary one! I was reading the paper a couple of weeks ago and there was a picture of this girl with her leg all wrapped up. The caption said that she was recovering from her shark attack at Three Tables on Oahu. I almost dropped the paper. That was about 1 minute north of where we went snorkeling all the time while we were in Hawaii. For those of you who understand my irrational fear of sharks, you'll understand while this was so scary for me! For those of you who don't, imagine the scariest thing you can think of hanging out in your favorite place. Granted, the place we went snorkeling was called Shark's Cove, but still... I hope that if we go back I'll be able to talk myself into going snorkeling there again. I love to snorkel, I just hate sharks! (By the way, the picture is of Three Tables)

On Monday, I found out some really disheartening news. I can't wear sandals of any kind to my job. What?? My boss "Thinks feet should be covered at all times." What is that about? I'm not saying I would wear my flip-flops to work, but nice sandals should be ok. Oh no. What if someone rolls over your toe with their chair? Are you kidding me? At least it doesn't get too hot for too long here. I would probably die otherwise. I will have to keep my flips in the car for the drive home.

Brent had his first meetings today. He said it was good. The worst part for him is that he has to put on nice clothes. That's my husband.

This is also my husband. Isn't he cute? I took this picture at the FFD (Family Fun Day) at Hollywood Connection over Christmas. He looks like he's having a great time, doesn't he?


I talked to Court today. It's really nice to talk to her. It's no fun that they're so far away. Brad got in a car accident on Monday. Someone rear ended him while he was driving the rental car. He's pretty sore, but otherwise ok. Marcela asked me one time how Court and I have been friends for so long. The only thing that I can say is that we're family, not friends. We may not look anything alike, but we're sisters in our hearts! Love ya Court!


Let's hope that spring has actually sprung. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jess said...

So scary about the shark attack! I am afraid of sharks too.

Way to go beating Brent at Risk! Isn't that the game that goes on forever and ever? Mabye I'm thinking of the wrong one?!

Glad that you had a fun Spring day! It feels like Dec. here with 5 inches of snow in the last 2 hours. ICK!

Sorry about the no flip-flops or sandals rule! That really bites. I would consider changing jobs :) Just kidding. Good idea to keep them in the car.

Anonymous said...

No Sandles???? What torture. I hated wearing them again last late fall after wearing them all summer and I know you are worse than I am. We can even wear them at our work. No toes have been run over that I know of!

Wasn't Three Tables where we "dropped off Grandma's visitor?" Sure looks pretty to be there....I am beginning to think Spring will never come here!

Tell Court "hi" for me...too bad about Brad - glad he wasn't seriously hurt...California Drivers!!!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Guess I'd better take a spelling course...I just think I wrote too fast before my brain engaged. I know it is SANDALS!

Anonymous said...

Risk rules!

Anonymous said...

Ashley-

Welcome to the business world and no sandals... isn't OSHA dumb? They are so paranoid that someone will get hurt that they take it to the extreem sometimes!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»