Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm Baaaack

Hello everyone! I would like to announce some very exciting news. After a two year hiatus, I am back in Young Women's!! I was called to be the 1st counselor, which means I get to work with the MiaMaids, which I have never done before! I kind of feel like I'm coming home. I'm so exciting. I am hitting the ground running this week with an activity on Tuesday and a Stake meeting on Thursday. I'll have to get used to this again!

Brent had to be at a meeting this morning at 6a. Needless to say, he was very excited when he woke up this morning. Oh well. He says the hardest part about this job is that he has to learn the whole wards names at one time basically. He'll get it though! He's so smart.

Let's see, what has been going on this week? It has been beautiful weather, right up until Saturday, which is the way it works sometimes. We really need to go buy a lawn mower because our clumpy grass is getting long. And I finally got a trowel yesterday, so I can plant my summer bulbs. Exciting!

Yesterday we decided we needed a break from our house, so we headed over to Ikea. As most of you know, Ikea is not a shopping trip, it is an event. I hear that they have broken ground on the one in Utah, so you Utahns will soon learn the fun that is Ikea. Sorry to those who don't live near one. We had the great Swedish Meatballs for lunch, which is the traditional Ikea day meal. Then we walked and walked and walked. It was fun to see things that we would like to put in our house. We didn't buy a lot this time, but we have a list of "maybe" items for next time. It rained for most of the time we were driving there and back, but that's ok.

Brent just reminded me about something funny that happened at church today. When we were in Hawaii, another couple that was there, Kyle and Marcie, kept trying to talk us into moving into their ward. We kept saying no, since Brent's boss is the bishop of that ward, but we ended up in their ward anyway. While we were in Hawaii, Marcie and I did a couple of things together and I thought she was kind of weird, but ok. Well, I walk into YW's today and who is there, Marcie. So, I'm think during all of opening exercises, I wonder who she teaches with. Well, turns out, me! She's the MiaMaid advisor. Kind of funny that I get to serve with the only other person I know in the ward. I guess Heavenly Father really did want me to get to know Marcie, so He's giving me another chance.

Since I'm kind of cold right now, I think we need a picture from somewhere warm... Oh, and Mom, this picture was taken where we released Grandma's crab. (When my Mom and Grandma came to visit us in Hawaii, my Grandma kept collecting shells that were still attached to something. I had to keep making her put them back.)
Ahhh...warm Hawaii. :)


Well, Brent's brownies are in the oven and I think we're going to watch a movie. He says that I can choose, but we'll see how long that lasts when I choose a girlie movie! :) Have a good week!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats on your new calling! That will be great for you and the YW. They will be lucky to have you!
Funny about that girl Marcie. Maybe you will end up really being close.. aren't those kinds of things weird?

I love Wendy (the RS Pres. that I served with) and we had a rough go. Interesting how things happen.

I can't wait for IKEA. I know Sean can but I can't :)

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hawaiian shirts rock!

Anonymous said...

Ashley all I can say is good luck! I'll pray for you and those mia maids, they will kick your rear if you let them..be tough!
You guys have the same callings we have...are you us?!!!

Anonymous said...

So, what movie did you end up watching? I actually had time to watch a movie on Sunday... it was very nice. Being in Dayton, OH isn't too exciting, but it is quite peaceful and relaxing!

Congrats on being back in Young Womens... fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»