Friday, April 14, 2006

What a Busy Week!!

Well, I certainly hit the ground running with this whole YW thing!!! I have been in meeting after meeting this week. I really haven't been home at all. Tuesday night is mutual. Our Bishop has asked us to have Class Presidency meetings at 6:30, then mutual begins at 7p. Well, I get home at 5p, so it's kind of a fast turn around. (And, only one MiaMaid showed up, so we just talked.)

Wednesday was the visiting night. My Relief Society president came by. She's very nice. Has a nice big family (9 kids) and her daughter is the MiaMaid class president. Soon after she left, the YW President came over to get me up to date with what's going on. She was here for 2-1/2 hours. I love her already, but she's a talker. Her name is also Barbie and her husband's name is Ken. Seriously. That makes me laugh. She a cute little white haired lady, but I have a hard time calling her Barbie. It's just funny.

Then Thursday night was a Stake YW Leadership meeting. It was great! It was all about how to get those "lost sheep" back. I have 15 girls on my rolls and only 5-6 come regularly.

So, tonight, Brent's in Seattle going to a Sonics game with Chad, a guy from our old ward. I went to dinner with two girls from work. It was fun. They are funny people. I don't know if they know what to do with me though. I think I was really quiet tonight, but I get quiet in new situations. I hope they want to go out with me again, it was fun.

This weekend I HAVE to get my bulbs planted. I bought a bunch from Costco and I need to get them in the ground. It has been raining every weekend, but I'm just going to have to suck it up and plant them in the rain tomorrow. Brent says he'll hold the umbrella for me. That will be a funny picture! They may be the only plants that get planted this year, but they come back every year, so that will be great.

Speaking of the yard, Brent decided to get a push mower. Now, Ryan and Marcela have a push mower, but really, they have a postage stamp size lawn. (Sorry guys, but you do!) I was surprised when Brent suggested the push mower, because our back yard is pretty big and it's terranced. His arguments were good...doesn't use gas, which is sooo expensive right now; is good exercise; is more environmentally friendly; and he won't have to take it apart to see why it won't start; and last but not least, it was a lot cheaper to buy. He mowed the lawn on Wednesday night. It was pretty long, but he said it worked well. He also saw two frogs and a salamander. Only in Washington!

We're having Ryan and Marcela over for Easter dinner on Sunday. Should be fun! This will be the first time we've have anyone over for dinner in our new house.

The picture of the day is from the FFD in December. Steve took this of us at Chili's. I love it because Brent is actually smiling like he normally smiles. Steve, you're a great photographer!

Happy Easter to you all! Let us all remember the real reason for this holiday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! Happy Spring! Wish I could be there with you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Lawn mowers rock!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the world of YW!!!
They are great! You'll be great at it!

Jess said...

You seriously bought a push mower? I thought your yard was huge? That will be good exercise!
Hope that you had a great Easter!

Love ya!