Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hello Again, Hello....

Do you notice that a lot of my titles are song lyrics? Apparently I listen to too much music!

Well, it's only been two weeks since I've posted. That's not bad. Let's run down what has been going on in our lives....

We had a great Easter! Ryan and Marcela came down to have dinner. We had a good old fashioned Easter meal ... ham and potatoes. Marcela was amazed that you could buy that much ham in the store. We sent the bone home with them since we don't like any soup made from ham bone. (Great picture huh? Brent's so good at holding the camera and smiling. It's one of his gifts!) Oh, and since he wouldn't let me take a picture after I cut his hair, look how nice his hair looks! Luckily you can't see the places I missed. I'm practicing!

When Ryan and Marcela got there, I said, "Hey Greengoes" and thought I was sooo funny, that that was the joke of the night...for me at least. Here are a couple of pictures of them being silly.



I really like this picture...it was hard to take it because I was laughing so hard, but you can really see how big Ryan's belly is getting. Just kidding Ry!

Monday night we made cookies for Family Home Evening. We made a bunch of snickerdoodles for YW's on Tuesday. But, being who I am and because I was running late, I forgot to take them, so we ended up with a TON of snickerdoodles. Oh well.

Young Women's was entitled Southworth Idol. (Our ward's name is Southworth) It was also combined with the boys. So, each class got a song and we had 40 minutes to figure out what to do. The MiaMaids got a Christina Agulara (or however you spell it) song that I didn't know. It turned out that our class was the only one who included all the girls and the only one that included the leader in a part of the lip synching. Lucky me. Oh well, it was a lot of fun!

Wednesday night was another meeting for me. It was at the president's house. The secretary drew me a map, but unfortunately she is very bad with directions and drew it backwards. She even wrote the phone number down so I could call if I got lost, but she wrote the wrong number or I dialed the wrong number. Either way, I finally found it, but I was late. I hate being late. Her house down one of those infamous Washington roads that look like a long driveway.

Our niece Alyssa turned 2 on the 21st. We sent her Mr Potato Head stuff because all the Elmo stuff we found made noise and Brent won't do that to people. I thought this one thing was really cute, but he vetoed it.

Last weekend we spent part of the day at an auction for the Young Women to go to camp. We ended up buying a haircut (mine not Brent's), some rolls and a car wash. It was great fun!

Then, we spent the rest of Saturday getting ready for our big home visit from the social worker. I got a little crazy and thought we needed to get everything unpacked before she came, but Brent was there to calm me down and we ended up just organizing the boxes better.

Sarah's 7th birthday was last Sunday. I am so amazed that she is that old. Weird. We sent her a princess pillowcase. I was told that Belle is her favorite, so we're hoping she liked it. She is fun to talk on the phone to because she doesn't really listen to your questions, but just says what she was going to say anyway.

Tuesday, YW's consisted of an etiquette dinner with the teachers. I wasn't in on the planning, so I think it could have gone better than it did. The boys had a little food fight and the girls wouldn't sit with the boys. Other than that, it went well. Now they want to do a non-etiquette night. I think we'll wait for warmer weather!

The home inspection went really well. Our social worker, Nicki, really liked our house and was impressed that we were as moved in as we were. Things are still moving with the adoption. We are going to focus on the internet profile and get that up to snuff. We're even thinking about doing another blog where we can put fun things we've done, but not have it be as personal as this one. What do you think about that?

Nicki was sick, and I had been fighting off a cold, but her added germs got me, so the rest of the week, I was sick. I still went to work, but my voice sounded so nice and low. It was great.

Thursday was Brent's mom's birthday. Since I was under the weather, I was very proud of Brent for remembering to call her. He says that he can remember to call, most of the time. I'm just there for the times that he forgets. She's doing well. Gearing up for Trek this summer. I'm glad it's her and not me. Doesn't sound like fun!

We went to a couple of garden centers yesterday, which is what I love to do. Brent likes it too, especially now that we have somewhere to put things. It poured the whole time, but that's ok because we have nice waterproof coats.

Today, I taught YW's for the first time. It was kind of stressful because of course the Stake YW President shows up, but I think it went well. They didn't look like they were listening, but then when I asked a question, they would raise their hands, so, I guess they were.

My grandpa is not doing well. It kind of seems as if he has given up on this whole living thing. He won't get out of bed and won't eat. I respect his right to choose, but I know it's hard on my family to watch him die. I hope if that is God's will that it will happen sooner than later. Death is never an easy thing in a family's life.

I'm going to close this wonderful posting (Brent's getting bored) with a picture of our newest addition. This is Ned. He's a japanese maple tree that we got from Wal-mart. He was $5. He is the first tree that we have bought. As soon as we figure out where he's going to go, we'll let you know.

Oh, and we watched the movie "Because of Winn-Dixie" last Sunday. It was very cute and very similar to the book, which I love! We recommend it because it's a great one for the whole family!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ashley!! Some blog! Fun to catch up...sounds like you guys are off and running!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Ashley! That is why I don't have a blog... I would go months without posting. Anyway, fun to hear all your stories. I love your name for your tree. Do you have any other good ones? I still need to name a couple of my plants. Well, have a good one and good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Green shirts rock!

Jess said...

Welcome back.. I wondered where you were??
Glad that the house inspection went well. That is awesome that she liked it. I'm sure it looks great. Always a relief!
It all starts with 1 tree! Love the maple tree.
Fun pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»