Thursday, March 23, 2006

Where does the week go?

Hello all! I can't believe it is once again Thursday night and I'm just now writing anything. I just don't know where the time goes.

We have been working on the house as much as we can. We have the front room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom done except for the pictures on the walls. The other rooms are slowing coming together. We have to re-paint the "red" room downstairs. We were going to paint it a greeny-gray color, but it turned out blue...almost the same color as our bedroom. We're pretty sure that they mixed it wrong, but what could we do? So, we bought another gallon of paint - a different color this time - and are planning on painting tomorrow night.

Work is ok. The office manager told me that I could take two breaks a day, but both times I've taken breaks, the owner has asked me if I needed something to do. Whatever. I was mad earlier, but I guess you just get used to it, right? I can tell that I'm still learning there, but I'm getting better and feeling a little more confident. Moving is a complicated process! Especially when it involves the military.

Oh, I forgot that I haven't said that Brent got home ok on Sunday. (Jeez, the week has just flown by!!) His plane was suppose to land at 8:10a on Sunday. He reminded me on Saturday night to call and make sure that the flight was on time Sunday morning since the airport is an hour drive from our house. I, of course, forgot to call. So, when I get about 3/4 of the way there, it gets REALLY foggy and I think, "Crap, I forgot to call." So, I go to pick up my cell phone to call and then I remember that Brent has it. Great. It is really expensive to park at SeaTac, so I was just going to park in the cell phone waiting lot and go pick him up. I had to keep circling the airport since his flight ended up being 40 minutes late. But, we found each other and it was good.

Court called on Sunday afternoon. We had a good chat. It is so much fun to talk to her. I need to call more often, but she's doing a really good job of keeping in touch with me. Love ya Court! Oh, congrats on the digital camera! Welcome to the 2000's. :)

Tuesday night was my next to last Spanish class with Marcela. She has been teaching Spanish for her ward for the past 9 weeks. It's for her YW medallion. So, I've been going too. She and Ryan teach, which is really nice. Sometimes Ryan can explain things to us that Marcela doesn't know because she's always spoken Spanish. We learned to bare our testimonies in Spanish. It was cool. I think you have to concentrate so hard on what you're saying that it helps you realize that you really do believe it!

Tonight is March Madness and laundry. Fun for both of us.

Oh, happy birthday to Chloe last week. Sorry Chloe! She's 5 years old. Amazing!

Today is the first of the before's and after's.
This is our master bedroom. Don't you love the sponge paint?? It also had a really great wallpaper border around the top. We forgot the camera the night we took that off, so you just have to imagine. Isn't it a lovely 80's color? We think so!

This is my favorite part. This whole wall is a solid color. The only thing we can think of is that they got tired of doing the pretty sponge paint and just painted this last wall. It's an example of their workmanship throughout the house.

And now the afters!!!


The color is Sonata. We love it! It's so relaxing and so much better than the great sponge paint. They also had really dark closet doors on that we took off. We're going to put up curtains to hide the inside of the closets a la Trading Spaces. It should be cute! It looks so weird to me with nothing in it.

Hope everyone has a great day. We're excited because Duke just lost. The first #1 seed to go down. It's a great day!

Oh, and...you know that I love you Mom! Now everyone else does! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red rooms rock!

Jess said...

I love the before and after pictures! How fun to transform the house. It will be amazing. I can't wait to see it.

Happy laundry day! I think everyday is a laundry day.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

You are a nut! The bedroom looks great. I think the curtains will be fun, too!