Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hello Again, Hello

Yes, that's right. I'm actually writing! I know it's been FOREVER! Sorry. Life just sort of got away from us.

Our Memorial Day weekend was good. We worked in the yard. That's pretty much what we've been doing. We went and saw X-Men 3. Not the best movie we've seen in a long time! We LOVED the first two, but this one was really disappointing! Now, we're just waiting for Pirate's 2! That should be exciting.

I really can't remember much else, so I'm going to jump forward to this last week. Last Friday the Mia Maid advisor had a sleep over at her house. And, since I'm still trying to convince the girls that I'm cool, I went. Well, Marcie's son got sick and she had to take him to the hospital so it ended up not being a sleepover, which I was REALLY glad about, but we did have fun. (Marcie's son is ok. He had sores in his mouth and was just plain old sad.)

Saturday, we worked out in the yard. We worked so hard, we were sore. But, it's getting better. Not as quickly as we would like, but...

This is part of our front yard. We are trying to get all the plants that are planted in the wrong place, weeds and ivy out. It will look good when we're done though!






Sunday was an interesting day. Brent had an early meeting because it was Fast Sunday. He usually gets home at about 9:45a. It was about 10:45 when he got home. And I had to be at church at 11:30 for BYC meeting. He said, "We had a lot to talk about." Anyway, we go back to church and I go to my meeting. Just before Sacrament Meeting starts, Brent and the Bishop were talking and when I walked up, they stopped, so I walked off again. Then Brent comes up to me and says, "You're being released." I said, "Why?" And he said, "Because they are re-arranging the wards next Sunday and we're in the new ward. The Bishop told me I could tell you so you weren't too surprised." I thought that was really nice of the Bishop! I mean, I knew about 10 minutes before everyone else, but...

So, this Sunday, we're getting put in the new ward. It's going to be called Orchard Heights ward. That sounds nice, huh? I have to say, I'm somewhat sad though. I just got this calling in the Young Women and was just getting accepted. Oh well.

All the people that we're starting to become friends with are going to be in the new ward, we think. They live really close to us, so we're hoping. We're also hoping that Court and Brad will be in our ward too. They are 2 blocks out of the ward we live in now, so...maybe. Maybe not. We'll see on Sunday. So, to sum up...we've lived in this house for 3 months and we've been in two wards. :)

Tuesday night, the young women were making pajama pants for camp. Since there were only 2 leaders there, I had to help them. Now, I am not a sewing genius. I can kind of sew in a straight line, so it was going well until it came to the pockets. I got confused and told them to sew their pockets on the bottom of the pants. Luckily, we figured it out before they sewed the pants together, but I was quite embarrassed! At least I can laugh at myself, right?

Last night Brent had two meetings at church and I had to go to the last one too, so I went with him early. I was just sitting there reading and our social worker walked up and said hi. She was teaching at a meeting. Funny huh? We do meet her at that church, but it was still funny.

So, there you go. That's pretty much it. Nothing too exciting! Here are some pictures to show that we've been doing some stuff.

This is our rock wall that we really didn't know was there when we moved in since it was covered in ivy.












My summer bulbs are finally coming up! It got kind of cold right after I planted them, so I was getting worried, but now they're going crazy! I can't wait until they start to flower! They might be hard to see, but they are there!














Here are some of my pretty flowers! Court and Brad gave me the pot for my birthday a couple of years ago. It looks nice with the petunia's right?















Oh, I almost forgot two very exciting things! The first is that my parents are coming up at the end of August, beginning of September to visit us. It will be fun to see them. But most of all, it will be fun to show them our house!

The second exciting thing is that Court and the kids are coming back in 5 weeks. Brad will probably be extended in San Diego and both Sarah and Chloe are going to be in school, so they're coming back when he can drive with them and fly back. We're excited to have them back!

Have a great week! I'll let you know what we find out with our new ward!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories Ashley! I'm thinking Young Women's President could be a possibility in your near future!

Jess said...

You guys are doing a great job on your ward!! I can't wait to see it in real life.

So did you get a new bishopric with the split? Can't wait to hear what new callings you have.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Pajama pants rock!