Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Fun Surprise

On Friday I overheard Brent talking to his boss on the phone, "Well, I can work tomorrow (BAH!), but I have plans on Monday." Hmmm...I think...what plans does he have on Monday? Since it was President's Day, I knew he had the day off, but I had no idea that we had plans. When asked, Brent said, "Don't worry about it. Just be ready to go at 9a." FUN! A surprise!

Monday dawns and I get up and going by 9a. We're driving down the road and I'm wondering what he has up his sleeve, when we turn down a strange road. He parks in front of a house and goes to the door. Out comes a babysitter-looking-teenager. Hmmm...I think. We don't need a babysitter. And I knew Court had plans today, so I didn't think they needed a babysitter. But, then we drive to their house with the babysitter. When we walked in, Court said, "I should have known you guys were involved." Then Sarah comes up to me and asks, "Do you know what you're doing?" Man, it's a surprise for everyone! What fun!

We drive to the ferry and take it over to Seattle. Here we are enjoying the sun and watching the water waiting for the ferry to leave.

So, we get off the ferry and start walking...and walking...and walking. Just when I think we just can't walk anymore, I notice we're heading towards PF Chang's. Woho! My favorite! What a great lunch we had.

After lunch we went to Pike Place Market. The first tulips of the year were in, so I couldn't leave without getting some flowers and letting Brent carry them through Seattle. He loves that, after all.


You always have to do a scrunch picture! Turned out pretty good, didn't it?

What a fun surprise day! Good friends, good food, good fun! It was a gloriously beautiful February day in Seattle. We soaked up some vitamin D and are ready for the rain to come back.

Hope you have a fun surprise in your future!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

It was a good day, wasn't it?!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I love fun surprises!!
Sorry that we stocked you, hope it didn't detract too much from your great day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. It is nice to get surprises!! Glad it was a good day, weather and all!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brent, that is so sweet! I'm surprised you didn't get a picture of Brent holding the flowers.

Jess said...

gosh, where have I been.. I don't remember seeing this post. I love surprises (sometimes). That sounds like an awesome day. Anything with PF Changs is a good day.
Loves!