Monday, May 02, 2011

Go To Hawaii...oh do...You Want to Come Along With Me

Here we are, back from our whirlwind trip to Hawaii. We were only there about a week, and Brent was working quite a bit so we didn't do too much, but we had a wonderful time! It even rained a couple of times for us so we could feel at home.

But, whenever I went to take a picture, I thought, "I already have a picture like that." And I really did. So, I didn't take many pictures this time around. But we did have a wonderful time. I spent a lot of time reading and enjoying the beautiful weather. I even floated in the ocean for a couple of hours, during which I got a sun burn on my hand, but hey, I was floating in the ocean!

So, here are all the pictures I took in Hawaii. I really need to start taking pictures again. You're going to start thinking something is wrong with me. :)

See, we were in Hawaii and it did rain. It actually started raining when I was all the way on the other side of the beach from our hotel. I would have been fine because it was a warm rain, but I had my camera and nook with me. I was a little bit afraid that they might have too much fun in Hawaii but I'm happy to announce that they did in fact make it through the drenching!

I couldn't quite figure out how to get a scrunch picture showing our feet in the ocean, but our feet are in the ocean in this picture. I wanted to go out snorkeling so bad but we just didn't have time.


Ahhh...shave ice. It's so good. And we saw Dog the Bounty Hunter's son while we were waiting in line. I wouldn't have noticed him but someone else yelled his name so I did.


The swap meet was so quiet that there were probably more vendors than shoppers. Made for some good deals though so we didn't complain.



So, that's about it. Sorry if you wanted more pictures. If you did, you can go here, or here.

Aloha!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like you had a great time - nothing like a little sun on your face and warm bones to make the day a little brighter! Glad you got to go - sorry it wasn't longer and that Brent had to work so much - but you were in HAWAII!!!

Aloha!!

Jenny Moore said...

Yes, I want to go along with you...next time!!
So I think with so many visits to the Islands that you should be considered native...almost!!!
Looks dreamy. Glad you got a get away, always nice!!!

Jess said...

I can almost taste the shaved ice.. so yummy! I am glad you got to go with.

Courtney said...

Vitamin D, oh Vitamin D! How I love thee!

John and Laura said...

I did the same thing at the Tulip Festival "already have a photo of that" etc. etc. So glad you had a relaxing time there! And I hope you'll take me with you next time. :)

Julie said...

Ashley you crack me up! I love that you didn't take pictures, "because you already had a picture like that!"

Lucky you for getting to spend a week in Hawaii!