Monday, May 02, 2011

Just Made Me Stop and Think

The other day I was in the car with Aaron, Kyle, Emma and their parents. I hadn't seen them since they got back from Utah so there was a lot of excited talking. I was sitting by Emma so I looked down at her and she had a snot bubble that kept getting bigger whenever she breathed. So I said, in a kind voice,

"Emma, you have a snot bubble, but I'm not going to get it because you're not my baby."

Then Aaron says,
"Emma is my baby. She lives at my house."

Me:
"Yes, she does live at your house."

Aaron:
"You don't have a baby that lives at your house."

Me:
"Nope, I don't have a baby."

Aaron:
"But you have a cat. Her name is Daisy."

This just made me laugh. In my mind, maybe not Aaron's, he was equating his baby sister who lives at his house with my cat.

Crap.

I try not to be a crazy cat lady. I do realize that she is not my baby. She is in fact a cat, not a person. But I do quite like that annoying ball of fur. And I do like having another living thing in my house that I can take care of - Brent gets kind of annoyed when I try to mother him too much. So, I've come to a decision.

I am the crazy cat lady and I'm proud. I still know she's not my baby, but I do love her. And she does live at my house. And I don't have a baby here. Say what you will, it's nice to have a cat around.

Ok, so now I'm publicly a crazy cat lady. But I'm working on never being a SUPER crazy cat lady...

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Spoiled little Daisy!!! But she sure is cute!! Nothing wrong with being a crazy cat lady - unless you become a SUPER crazy cat lady. (I think they have about 10 cats, so don't worry...don't think you'll go there!)
Love you...and Daisy!

Jess said...

you are just a cat lady.. but not a crazy one! :) I love kids' conversations. They are always full of good information.

Courtney said...

hahahahahaha! It still makes me laugh! I agree with Jess, you're not crazy. Not yet, anyways. ;)

John and Laura said...

:)

Julie said...

Cat lady and plant lady... but not crazy! Too funny!