Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Mountain

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have quite a few mountains around, but only one Mountain. The Mountain is Mt Rainier, the "sleeping" volcano to the south. If something doesn't have the Space Needle on it, then it has Mt Rainier on it. It is THE Mountain.

So, after 8 years of living here and an unseasonable warm fall, we decided to go down to The Mountain and see what it's all about.

I took a lot of pictures. A lot... So, I'm going to have to split this up into a couple of different posts.

Today, let me introduce you to Mt Rainier National Park.


We stopped just inside the gate to make a pit stop and see the view. I took this thinking that this was such a pretty picture. Little did I know.

 Then I think, now THIS is a pretty picture!

And then we get into Paradise and sit down for a picnic lunch and this is our view.



Apparently, on a day like today (notice the blue sky. We so rarely get completely blue sky!), you just can't take an ugly picture!

And so begins our adventure. Check back soon for more pretty pictures!

No comments: